Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Mystery Stomach Ache and more mysterious cause/remedy ! ( My story, medical!)

Its almost a year since this happened. To mark first anniv am posting this ( 15/12/2010)

12/15/2009 09:49 AM

Current status:
Colgate has contacted me.
They are sending me replacement tooth brush ( !) + a few more ........
also they are collecting the ' Hero Brush' from me for further investigation.
So my prediction of Colgate a 'weight reducing tooth brush' is progressing !
How to claim the patent for the idea is the issue now for me !
Am getting better ..............
===================================================================================
I have been suffering from upset stomach and diarrhea for almost 3 weeks. ( lost 5 Kgs!)
Initially for a week I ignored it and finally I approached my doctor.
He could not really identify anything but said it looks like 'non infectious diarrhea similar to IBS'.
Suggested Naturolax power basically to' harden things'!.
It did the ' work' and passing motion became difficult. But my problems continued and I stopped the medicine for a day.
Immediately I went back to my ' old ways' of diarrhea, headache and abdominal pain and weakness.
Ever since these started , I stopped eating from outside and still I continued to have the problems and no one else at home have any issue including my kids.
I still could not understand the cause............ Mystery !
All these issues were happening parallel to another thing I did.
I bought a new tooth brush ( Colgate) about 3/4 weeks back which has soft ( Rubber?) padding so that the hard parts do not hurt the gum. ( I guess)
Almost for last 2/3 weeks, I have noticed some black/ brown spots on the soft padding of the brush and I just washed ( brushed aside!) it and continued to use it.
All thro my stomach trouble I have been using this brush & only I have such a brush at home. ( only I use my brush !!)
Finally it dawned on me that the brush and those spots could be a cause of my problems.
I stopped using that brush ( still brush !) for last 3/ 4 days and am almost back to normal - this time the normal I was a month back !
I think there was/is some fungal growth on the soft padding of the brush and it has been getting into my food/ stomach causing the mess I have been in.
I doubt if any doctor can ever investigate on these lines and cure be suggested.
I am writing this to bring the issue out in open for doctors and patients and the tooth brush manufacture's to correct this.
This is my story , I have no scientific proof other than my experience, I hope am not concluding too early !!
Am glad ( !) that I lost 5 Kg and more close to my BMI !
Why go to gym or play and VLCC may go out of business when you can have brushes like this !
But its been horrible 2/3 weeks. Don't ever use such brushes.
I have written to Colgate, lets see if they have something to say/ do.
They may 'utilise/improve' this and come out with a " weight reduction Brush" !!

Thanks
Regds,
Tony Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment